Submitted by Alix Duchouquette, Public Relations Workforce Solution
Categories Include Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math,
Workforce Solutions Borderplex has officially announced its annual STEAM event which will be held April 6-7, 2017. With that, the organization has opened registration to area high schoolers for seven competitions.
STEAM 2017 competitions in categories that include Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math, ( or STEAM).
Who: Workforce Solutions Borderplex and High School Student Teams
What: STEAM 2017 Competitions
1) APP Design Competition (new)
2) Prudential Math Challenge Competition (2nd year)
3) Growing on Mars Architecture Competition (2nd year)
4) STEAMentorship Exhibit Competition (2nd year)
5) JAVA Coding Competition (3rd year)
6) Robotics (4th year)
7) STEAM Challenge, sponsored by The Hospitals of Providence (8th year)
When: Finals will take place at the STEAM Fiesta on April 6-7, 2017.
Where: To learn about each competition, please visit: www.borderplexjobs.com/programs-and-services/steam/high-school-competitions
Why: To increase awareness on the importance of STEAM education and careers.
“We continue to evolve and improve our competitions each year to challenge participants on relevant workplace problem-solving, in order to maintain interest and curiosity among current as well as future high school teams,” said Joyce Wilson, CEO of Workforce Solutions Borderplex.