Van Horn, Texas (March 17, 2020) – The staff of Culberson Hospital and Van Horn Rural Health Clinic are receiving many questions about the Coronavirus (COVID-19 virus) and what we are doing to respond to this national health emergency.
First, we want to assure you that our providers and staff are dedicated to the health and safety of the community we serve and are taking proactive measures to protect our patients, staff and visitors from the COVID-19 virus, and minimize the spread of infection.
As with any communicable disease or virus, Culberson Hospital and Van Horn Rural Health Clinic implement enhanced precautions to protect our patients and staff. However, as recommended by the Texas Governor’s Office and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the hospital and clinic will be will be taking heightened measures to protect everyone from COVID-19. During your stay or visit with us, you will see the following:
- Limited number of hospital entrances and exits
- Separate entrances for staff and visitors
- Monitored entrances 24 hours a day
- Rigorous screening of all visitors and patients at designated entrances including Emergency Department and Registration
- Increase in the number of times daily that public and waiting areas are cleaned and disinfected
- Placement of additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility required for use by all who enter the facility
- Postponement of events with large gatherings
For details on these special precautions, please see our ad in this issue of the Van Horn Advocate or check our Facebook page.
Our clinical teams are also monitoring information from federal, state and local public health agencies for the latest information. We are in constant review of infection prevention processes and we will continue to update patient screenings and hospital protocols as recommended by the state and CDC. Changes will be posted to Facebook and our website to help keep you informed.
If you have cough, fever, shortness of breath or come in contact with someone who has tested positive for the Coronavirus, please call the clinic at (432) 283-1020 during regular hours and the hospital at (432) 283-2760 after hours or on the weekend for directions on how to proceed.